Thursday 14 July 2011

A wet evening in Denmark.

Gothenburg seems a nice city. If Stockholm is better I may find myself there for a weekend break sometime.
We caught the ferry to frederikshavn at 4, by which time the rain had eased in. Just a bit as we got on, more as we came across. We passed the time with live coverage of the tour d'france, result!
On riding out of frederikshavn we found the rain and wind had picked up further so I've twisted Frazer's arm to stay in a hotel. With a beer too.
Two mishaps today. Firstly, I noticed after following Frazer for about 20 miles that there was something black on the back of his pack on the BMW. A closer look revealed that it was his Blackberry mobile phone. Luckily I flagged him down before it bounced off.
My own faux par came on the ferry where I managed to withdraw some Swedish money at from the cashpoint, which of course is pretty useless here in Denmark.
Tonight we'll sleep well in warm beds, and the hot shower was wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment