Saturday 9 July 2011

A hot hot Saturday

So Saturday arrived for me lying in a tent with an I side temperature of about 80f at 8am.
I crawled out having slept about 4 or so hours to feel sone very intense sunshine on my shoulders.
I was revived by a pint of cool water then a cappuccino made and delivered by Jon.
I joined Frank and Frazer on Jon's newly built decking to generally laze about for a couple of hours despising options for our day. We decided on some fishing on the fjord below the house.
We all walked down apart from Annie and Pam and started casting from the beach or, in Frank and Jon's case, from Jon's canoe.
I got the first bite again and pulled in a cod of about 2 pounds. Over the rest of the day Frazer caught his first cod, one all Jack, followed by everyone catching fish from cod to haddock to pollock. The pick of the day though went to Frazer who, late in the afternoon pulled in a 10 pound Wolf fish while out in the canoe. You'll see the fish in another upload shortly. It looks like something from Jurassic park. Weill be eating it tomorrow for dinner.
That's it up to date now. We've just moved indoors as it's raining and there's thunder and lightning in the distance. Rain is forecast for a few days so Frazer and I may have an interesting day or so riding down through Finland and Sweden.
I've also uploaded a picture of the states of our beards. They're coming on nicely.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment