Tuesday 12 July 2011

It's warmer in the arctic circle

A big mileage day today. We've ridden nearly 450 miles south and the temperature has dropped to 55f along with a brisk breeze picking up. Happily the Mosquitos aren't keen on it so at least we're not walking around with nets on our heads this evening.
We must gave seen about 30 or 40 reindeer today, not an elk in sight though. We also went past an ostrich farm which I didn't expect up here.

We are near Skucku at the moment. I haven't tried to pronounce it. The cafe smelt good as we rode past it, I fancy a plate of chips.

Music while riding today started with Beathoven followed by Aphex Twin Thr Jethro Tull. Frazer has been mainly enjoying the Goldie Lookin Chain.

We might go to Stockholm tomorrow, we're measuring distances as I write.

Only one mishap today. Somewhere halfway through today's ride my bike ejected the plastic bottle of milk I had strapped on the back. Another litre was bought, so I can lose that tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment