Wednesday 6 July 2011

A long first day

500 miles did we say? We've done well to manage 430 given the 30+ miles of roadworks we enjoyed at an average of 25 mph.
The weather has been, mostly, great if not a touch warm for full motorcycle gear. The hottest I saw on my onboard stat was 83F. It's still 70 as we sit having just eaten at 10pm local time. And it's still daylight!
Frank has been exciting local ladies by leaving the door unlocked on the toilet.
I've been narrowly avoiding a Toyota Rav 4 who took me by surprise.
Frazer has been mainly looking at his sat nav.
All in all a team effort so far.
Last we looked we have about 730 miles left to get to Pam and Jon's so Friday evening is looking good unless we find a particularly good fishing spot tomorrow.
The main point of interest passed today was Lillehammer where the 1994 winter Olympics took place. No snow today though.
No pictures posted tonight, I'll hopefully collate some when we're near a wifi tomorrow, or it'll be a mass upload from llangfjord when we get there.
We're hoping the weather stays good for tomorrow.
Signing out for now.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment